• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Texas 5.2 Earthquake

AugieTN

Extreme Android User
Dec 9, 2022
Illinois Home & Tennessee RV Home
The 5.2 magnitude earthquake is tied for the fourth strongest in Texas history. It occurred in an area where oilfield companies have long been injecting wastewater from fracking underground.....

Another large earthquake shows seismic activity continues to increase in West Texas, experts say

I'm not an anti-fracking protester but, fracking seems to cause a lot of earthquakes. Oklahoma had 567 earthquakes (3.0 and above) in 2014 when there was a lot of fracking. They need to come up with a different method to extract extra natural gas and oil.

I'm with you about fracking. Some of the Oklahoma earthquakes were felt where I live in Kansas. A couple quakes were attention getting events. Those in Ok had to cause some damage that might go undetected until years late when they find some foundations are cracked etc. I'm not saying that fracking was the culprit causing the quakes but I don't recall any quakes before they started using the technique.

Upvote 0
Sleep Yawn GIF

southern california gets about 10,000 earthquakes a year.....that is the average!!!!!

most are small and hardly register.....LOL

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones