• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text Messages out of order

If this needs to be moved to the Support & Troubleshooting, feel free.

Does anyone else have a problem with text messages appearing out of order? A lot of times when my wife texts me, it will show up, and then I'll send a reply but it appears above her text and the time is a minute or two off.

It's not a huge issue, just a minor annoyance. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

We're seeing this issue reported across just about every device and carrier, and it seems to pan out as a tower/tower latency issue which is a small glitch in the technology of passing data from tower to device, etc.

As mentioned, there are apps which address the issue, and some users of Handcent, etc report success.
I live in Jacksonville, FL and am having trouble with my text messages not coming through. Or when they do, they are out of order. We just experienced a major hurricane about 6 days ago. Does it have something to do with that, or is it something else?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones