• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text notification and SD card

ZoeLibb

Lurker
Mar 13, 2012
Hello all,

I've had my cell for a couple weeks now and I'm still figuring things out but I finally managed to mount the SD card and get music on to my phone. Woo! However, since doing so all incoming text messages now go directly to the SD card instead of the internal memory, because of that I no longer receive any notifications that I have a text.

Is there any way to make all text messages go to the internal memory or do I have to keep my card unmounted all the time?

Much thanks for your time :)

No, I think it defaults to the SD card the moment you put it in. Internal memory is typically used as backup anyway. Since phones are obvious size constraints, developers prefer to use external storage components, in order to keep costs down, and keep the phones as small as possible.

However, it is possible for you to manually move data, although I don’t think that would help you very much.

Upvote 0
Internal memory storage will be less to store all data. so, this might also be the reason for not getting messages in internal storage. Make a copy of previous messages or change the settings to get notifications to get in internal storage.
You should change the internal settings or store the previous message in another place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones