• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text written from right to left insteadfrom left to right

Luchka

Lurker
Jul 15, 2018
Hello! I have a problem with my Samsung Tab 3 Lite. Text on it is written from right to left instead from left to right (instead of hello itis writte olleh). If i want to read text in a correct way i have to read it with the help of the mirror. I've already tried developer's options the RTL mode but it didnt help my problem. What else can i do? Thank you.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums. I've never heard of a dyslexic tablet. I can't imagine a setting that would produce reversed text. If the letters themselves aren't baclwards then it isn't actually a mirror effect. You might look at your input settings. Perhaps there is an option for reversed text that is ticked. I wish I had something more to offer. I hope another will chime in with something helpful.

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to Android Forums. I've never heard of a dyslexic tablet. I can't imagine a setting that would produce reversed text. If the letters themselves aren't baclwards then it isn't actually a mirror effect. You might look at your input settings. Perhaps there is an option for reversed text that is ticked. I wish I had something more to offer. I hope another will chime in with something helpful.

Thank you for your answer. It looks like this

Attachments

• 15316735762251013909294202840224.jpg
    15316735762251013909294202840224.jpg
    754 KB · Views: 441
  • 15316736082773086950780691511999.jpg
    15316736082773086950780691511999.jpg
    558.4 KB · Views: 286
Upvote 0
WoW! So it's really mirrored.
You might share some history of the device and problem. It surely didn't start life that way. Perhaps an app installed at the time the problem began? I'm really clueless.
Honestly, i have no idea. A family friend gave it to me to fix it. All they've told me is that their 4 year old son used it and after that the screen flipped

Upvote 0
If a four year old reversed the screen it has to be in a setting somewhere...
Yeah probably. I mean he couldn't use magic to get screen looking like that. But i legit don't know what could he press. I checked developer's tools and couldnt find anything useful. The RTL setting doesnt work. I've preformed factory reset and the everything stayed the same

Upvote 0
Yeah probably. I mean he couldn't use magic to get screen looking like that. But i legit don't know what could he press. I checked developer's tools and couldnt find anything useful. The RTL setting doesnt work. I've preformed factory reset and the everything stayed the same
Holy crap batman! Factory reset and it's still backwards? Odd indeed!

I've searched for that issue and all I've found is what you've tried in your OP about the RTL setting in Developer options.

For shits-n-giggles, go back into dev settings and toggle the RTL switch on, reboot, then go back in and switch it off, then reboot.
If that don't work, rapid toggle the RTL on/off/on/off/on/off etc a bunch of times ending with it off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones