• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The best camera in the world...

EarlyMon

The PearlyMon
Jun 10, 2010
New Mexico, USA
The best camera in the world is the one you have with you when you need a camera.

This evening, that was my cell phone.

This was taken and post-processed on my LTEvo.

I'm calling it "Going Places" because that describes it for me.

1379217637167.jpg

How about it? Got a photo you took, just for the moment, just for you, that speaks to you?

Let's see! :)

This was taken in the late Summer of 2009, of Daisy after we had just played a ton together (she was a lot like a large dog and loved to play). granted, it was not a fancy smartphone camera, and i was a bit anti-smartphone during the time (i call it my retro tech phase) and it was just a flip phone, some $20 Verizon Samsung phone who's only notable feature was camera, it was a replacement to my aging Nokia 5185i that had burned in a house fire February that same year. as me and Daisy were lying together she looked at me and i was lucky to snap this picture of her smiling, as she was often camera shy. Like the Sanchez Butt Fumble, this picture of a deer is undefeated and has yet to be challenged by anyone :)

Upvote 0
Great shot. The bike looks like something the guys on American Pickers would want to grab!

Here's one that definitely speaks to me, for me...about me. :) I took it a few days after Joy Noelle joined my family. My beautiful Freddie Mercury is looking down at her. Their weight difference that day? 180 pounds. (My kids all have to get along. That's a house rule! :D)

11-28-04_1343.jpg

Upvote 0
Wooow this is such a cool thread!

... :)

I like this threead hey!

Should we maybe sticky it perhpsa? :)

For some really good reason (I am still trying to figure out! :D) I really like this thread!

Maybe because I like to see other parts of the world and other's perspective I think? :)

Either way I REALLY like this one!

How do I make it easy for me to find this thread because sometimes I am a dork king and can't seem to find my own threads at times? :D:D:D

heh!

xD

What is the "subcribe" thing do and should I experiment? :)

Great thread!

Well done GlassesMon! ;)

How do you take such a wonderful shot with such massive glasses the size of Mars? :D

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I love to snap a picture of just about anything, was in a phase of b/w buildings a long while ago. I don't have any on my laptop though, I'll have to fix that!
I took this in February when I visited my son in Fl., cracks me up every time I look at it. It's a Laughing gull:

And since I just got back from a raptor migratory bird count in the Helderbergs here is my resident Cooper's hawk. He likes my birdfeeder :)

Upvote 0
Here you go Stinky.

Snapshot232_zps78d03e9a.jpg

Hey Wayne. In the right top of this thread you can indeed choose to subscribe to the thread.
If you click/tap Your CP in the blue bar, left in semi-top you can see all the unread threads you're subscribed to.

Ahhh! :D

Thank you slave number 1 and slave number 2! :)

Great thread!

Subscribing to check it out right now. :)

Thanks guys!

;)

Upvote 0
On a sizzling (100+ degrees) day in May, I was in my usual spot at my patio table when this unexpected visitor showed up:

dsc_0681_possum_051113.jpg

Possums are supposed to be nocturnal, so my first reaction was...WTF?!! :eek: Not only was she out in broad daylight but she was very UNafraid of this human being a few feet away from her. But she was just looking for water--so she wasn't rabid, just hot!

But the real reason I snapped pics is because of her striking resemblance to my little princess, Joy Noelle:

dsc_0666_possum_051113.jpg

11-27-04_1299.jpg

I think they're twins separated at birth...and by nine years...and 1500 miles, since Joy was born in Carrollton, Texas and the possum here in Arcadia, CA. :D

Upvote 0
This was taken back in Feburary, the wife and I stop by Sweetie Pie's restaurant. It is featured on Oprah's OWN tv network (cable). The owner also used to sing with Ike & Tina Turner. She was an Ikette! :D
Very cool! Where is this? (I've never watched the show...and my friend Google doesn't feel like helping right now. :D)

Upvote 0
Wet day at school, and the drains are not particularly good.
"Careful!!"
school.jpg
When there's heavy rain the stepping stones thing a common sight on almost every street corner, sometimes there's planks of wood to balance on as well. :rolleyes:

Neighbour's girl at the shopping mall.
"Just one Cornetto, give it to me." ...sung to the tune of O sole mio
icecream.jpg

Every time I see people dressing a store mannequin I think of the Kraftwerk song Showroom Dummies.
"Dressing the man."
mannequin.jpg

The best camera in the world is the one you have with you when you need a camera.

This evening, that was my cell phone.

This was taken and post-processed on my LTEvo.

View attachment 61495

How about it? Got a photo you took, just for the moment, just for you, that speaks to you?

Let's see! :)

You found my bicycle EM? How the hell did it get to New Mexico? Maybe it decided it was "Going Places"?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
In 2011 we spent some time driving around in the south west of the USA. We passed by the Cadillac Ranch, in Amarillo TX.
An open field, clear blue skies. Ten colorful Cadillacs half-buried nose-first in the ground.
1379694197212.jpg
I like to think the 'M ♥ K' hubby dear spraypainted on the secend from the left one, is still there. That no one dared to over write it.

Attachments

• 1379694327071.jpg
    1379694327071.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 288
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones