• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The data, cache and system folder are 0MB

Philigre

Lurker
May 9, 2018
How do I rescue my UMI emax mini when all of the partitions all show zero 0MB?

I have TWRP v2.8.7.0 installed and when I go into Wipe, Advanced Wipe and then pick system, data or cache they all say that the “partition is present” that the size is 0MB.

They will not mount I can’t Resize or Repair or change file system,

I get the same error E:Unable to mount ‘/system or data or cache.

I have tried the Umi engineering download tool to reset the phone to stock but what I get is at 2% after 25 seconds of running

[Com7→PC (4)] you selected product M3M current handset is N/A continue?

Click yes and when it reaches 23% I get

Com7→PC (4) Download C6FA6060BU00.mbn failed error code 40016.

Oh and by the way I made a complete back up of the phone with TWRP and saved it on my NAS and that won’t install (due to E: failed to mount)

My latest adventure has taken me down the ADB command line route, but no joy there, I get as far as removing the offending partitions with “parted” but when I check the partition table “parted has not removed them at all. So now I am at a lost, but I hate being beaten, but it looks like I may have to scrap the UMI.

Unless someone knows better.

Thanks but I can’t find any way to use Mini Tools Partition Wizard with the memory on a mobile phone. It would seem that it is unable to see the mobile phone memory.

But thanks anyway because I was able to rescue data from a 3GB drive that was playing up in my network attached storage unit. I had not been able to get in to it with any other program.

Upvote 0
I have tried the Umi engineering download tool to reset the phone to stock

You might want to do the following:

Make sure you are using a USB 2.0 port, sometimes USB 3.0 interferes with the flashing process. And use a port on the back or your PC. Front ports are sometimes routed though an internal hub. Shouldn't matter but it can.
Windows 7 is usually more reliable than 8 or 10.
Try a different cable. Some phones are very fussy with cable data connections (Samsung in particular, but they don't have the monopoly of 'fussy')

Upvote 0
Thanks for your effort but it is something I have tried already. We have 3 laptops in the house and my desktop computer my desktop runs on windows 10 the wife Fujitsu is on windows 10 I have a old Toshiba that is on windows XP and I have a Fujitsu running Linux.

I have tried them all and I get the same results. What is my sticking point at the moment is that Parted will no delete the partitions when using ADB from the command line.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones