• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Foodies Corner

This place is great and among some awesome restaurants just a couple blocks from where we live. Was actually featured in the New York Times a while back:
In Washington, D.C., Columbia Heights? Hip Strip - Slide Show - NYTimes.com
One other reason why I really don't want to move from Columbia Heights. :)

Edit: Oh, and since that article was written, there's been a TON more restaurants to open on that 3 block area.

Upvote 0
I think I'll be making some Jambalaya this afternoon since the wife is at work. That will hold me over till dinner time.

Attachments

• myjamabalya_mix.jpg
    myjamabalya_mix.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0
Hehe, yeah I like it as hot as possible! Generally, my go tos are either Tabasco or Saracha. I keep it pretty simple. Lot's of folks like Frank's, but I'm not really a fan.
Ordered some fresh ghost chilies at work. Man, those things are the real deal. Still have em in the freezer.
This woman is INSANE! :eek:
(FYI, there's a quick curse word in there)

Upvote 0
Morning all turns out I got on the wrong plane. Sorry BB no accent for you today :( :p
Well darn. Its been a while since I've heard one.

Irish accent is heavy. I have an irish friend with whom I did a Google hangout with
We had a soccer coach for a summer camp stay with us years ago and he was from Ireland. I think I was 15 .....the poor man must have had a sore throat after being here. :)

Sounds good Dread! What's Matzo Ball Soup?

You've never had matzo ball soup???!!!!!! How is that possible??? :p

Upvote 0
Hehe, yeah I like it as hot as possible! Generally, my go tos are either Tabasco or Saracha. I keep it pretty simple. Lot's of folks like Frank's, but I'm not really a fan.
Ordered some fresh ghost chilies at work. Man, those things are the real deal. Still have em in the freezer.
This woman is INSANE! :eek:
(FYI, there's a quick curse word in there)
I like mine very hot also. When I have some real chili peppers, the Mexican kind, I'll chop one or two and add to my Jama. :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
Glad to hear it turned out well. What'd you end up with for toppings?
A velveeta-tomato sauce base and then turkey taco meat, diced tomatoes, green onion, shredded cheese and sliced olives.

just had me some of the best creme brulee ever!!!!!

and it was at whole foods!!
That is my most favorite dessert!!!!

Upvote 0
earlier today i went to watch the LA Kings play at the Staple Center and i ate at a restaurant called the Farm of Beverly Hills. I had the brisket and egg scramble with a side tomatoes. It was soooooo goood. they used brisket that melts in your mouth, and added some delicious bbq sauce, and mixed it all together with grilled corn and black beans and scrambled it all with eggs.

here is the menu if you want to see what else they have:the Farm Menu

Upvote 0
Cheese fans out there?
We tasted some samples from Point Reyes Creamery (out of CA) yesterday at work. Their regular blue cheese is out of this world, but they sent a sample of their Bay Blue. Holy cow was it insanely good! :D
Apparently it's an exclusive you can only get from them directly, not at any stores. Just super creamy, really salty, and funky as all get out. Loved it!
If ya'll like funky blue cheese, pick up their regular one. It's pricey, but well worth it!

Upvote 0
Cheese fans out there?
We tasted some samples from Point Reyes Creamery (out of CA) yesterday at work. Their regular blue cheese is out of this world, but they sent a sample of their Bay Blue. Holy cow was it insanely good! :D
Apparently it's an exclusive you can only get from them directly, not at any stores. Just super creamy, really salty, and funky as all get out. Loved it!
If ya'll like funky blue cheese, pick up their regular one. It's pricey, but well worth it!

i have had point reyes' blue cheese before and i do really like it. never had the baby blue before, sounds delicious!!!!!

i love cheese by the way. its another reason i love whole foods.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones