• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help the lights are on but nobodies home?

TAWM

Sep 10, 2010
I need help. Our tablet went black! It did this the other day, after using it we put it on the dock and the thing wouldn't do anything. It's like its on because the screen has some light but it's all black and nothing works. The light on the side is on but it won't do anything. Last time it did, I let it set there for two days and noticed the power light had gone off and after turning it on everything came back as normal. I've tried holding the power button incase it was a soft rest but nothing happened. I've seen the rest button but didn't know if that would erase stuff. It's been three days this time and it looks like this thing is dead. Can someone please tell me how to fix it and why it happened? Thank you.

I would suggest whenever the device is usable again, to perform a factory reset, this will delete all the data, but it will also tell us if the issue is hardware or software, if the problem persists through the factory reset then it is hardware...if it doesn't then it's something that you either A. Downloaded or B. Configured wrong.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: TAWM and LilBit
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones