• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The (Official?) “I’m Married” Thread

rootabaga

Android Expert
Aug 11, 2014
Crazyville, CA
I had an idea it might be fun to have a thread to share memes, funny pics, jokes, etc. around the idea of being married. Arguably they could just go in the generic ”Funny Pics” thread, but sometimes it’s good to have ‘a place’ to commiserate, so to speak. ;)

If it doesn’t gain any traction it’s okay if it just dies, sorta like parts of one’s soul after the wedding… ;) :D

I’ll start…

ACF45C18-25F4-4E3E-A25D-93B6EC7F873E.jpeg

Upvote 0
"My wife and I have a perfectly fair marriage. It's the best way.

If we find we see an issue differently, and we are both hurt by that fact, then we will stay in the kitchen making a list of our own points and explaining our reasoning to the other - and we will always determine not to leave that kitchen until we both finally agree and accept that we now have come to the correct conclusion, that I was right all along."

(a badly rewritten oldie but goodie, but I wanted to do it first! ) :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
The Darling Bride and I despised each other when we first met - we were determined to make each other miserable. Who knew that the Good Lord had other plans! We married in 1990 and we've never been more in love. Yep, we're still sparring partners but it's all in love and keeps our wits sharp.

We came to an agreement a long time ago: what's hers is hers and what's mine is hers. Keeps the arguments to a minimum...

:D

Upvote 0
Okay here is the number one thing that irritates the wife about me.
She's always been about being political correct, diversified, doing her best not to offend people.
I on the other hand unfortunately most times don't have a filter on my mouth and I can be very direct on topics, crude , insensitive, politically incorrect and people like me .
And my wife can't figure it out :D:thumbsupdroid::blushDroid:

Upvote 0
You make it sound like pure sweetness. I've been married, (now a "digamist") hope you continue to enjoy the same for years to come.
Thanks. I think the secret is to find someone that you have no desire to change and they are happy with you and your shortcomings. Two people headed in the same direction as a team.

Upvote 0
34 years and counting.
I don't know how I've been able to put up with her.
I heard someone say "it's a game where you both walk a fine line without killing each other"....
We've had our arguments for sure but never a physical altercation.
The first 34 years are the most trying. :) jk Congrats on a great run!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones