• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Real Razr Flip Test

Motorola

Android Expert
Jul 18, 2010

Motorola does extensive testing to make sure that our phones can withstand everyday use and last for years. Razr went through this testing in machines built specifically to simulate real-life use and we are confident in its durability.

I wonder if there is any impact on where the pressure is applied to open and close the phone. I think back to my flip phone days and I would flip it open using my thumb along the side, putting pressure across the hinge. In the testing video the pressure to open the phone is at the top, so no twisting pressure on the hinge (and in this case the lense).

Also when I closed the phones I would sort of snap it closed where the testing machine shows it gently guiding it closed. I'm not trying to be a wise ass, just giving my impressions from the video.

Upvote 0
I admit to the same sort of opening and closing of my flip phones back in the day. I often snapped it closed using the back of my leg prior to putting it into my pocket. Perhaps I would have treated it with a bit more care if it cost a half fortune like the current offering. :)
I'll not be an early adopter of the new flip phones. I just recently purchased a new phone. But, I am very caught up in the tech. I hope it is the way of future phones.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones