• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root the right rom?

jackroo

Android Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2012
I asked before and got zero replies while I see others get replies on their basic threads (not sure why) so I'll ask again.

I have a g900a unlocked s5 running metro pcs. I'd like to root it and flash custom roms. I've done this before on the s3 and s4 but they were both carrier specific phones. Which roms am I able to flash on this phone? I don't want to end up bricking my phone.

I asked before and got zero replies while I see others get replies on their basic threads (not sure why) so I'll ask again.

I have a g900a unlocked s5 running metro pcs. I'd like to root it and flash custom roms. I've done this before on the s3 and s4 but they were both carrier specific phones. Which roms am I able to flash on this phone? I don't want to end up bricking my phone.

If you are on the AT&T firmware for Lollipop, then rooting and custom ROMs are no longer possible. See, #1.6 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Reactions: jackroo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones