• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

There's a fix for the fingerprint sensor

markdoc

Android Expert
Jun 28, 2011
Suburb of New York City, NY, USA
There have been many articles about problems with the fingerprint sensor. Now there are articles about a fix. Here is one such article from Phone Arena:
https://www.phonearena.com/news/android-13-beta-4.1-improves-pixel-6-fingerprint-scanner_id141698
All the articles say the same thing; that the 4.1 beta version of Android 13 fixes the issues. This is great news even if you're not into experimenting with beta versions. That's because we know that in a few months, when Android 13 is released to our phone, the problematic sensor will be fixed.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Interesting. I didn't realize it was broken, but great to hear that there's a fix!
Mine works fine too, but I've read that a lot of people are having trouble. I guess we lucked out. Actually, there were many reported issues when it was first released. Google has slowly fixed them with each update. I've been very lucky with my Pixel 6 Pro. It's been the least problematic of all my phones. :thumbsupdroid:

Reactions: svim and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones