• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This forum has been hacked

MikeKulls

Lurker
Aug 6, 2011
I use a different email for everything I sign up to. So if I get spam on one email address then I know where it came from. I've started getting spam on the address I used here. That means either this forum got hacked or email addresses are public somehow. It's not really a huge deal for me but thought I would let people and admins know.

I moved this to the suggestion box. There was a breech around 2012 (I think) and it was fully disclosed and discussed. Since you were a member since 2011 this was probably when you noticed it. From time to time new spammers glom onto the data from that breach and fire off spam again. I still get the same junk from time to time. I wanted to address your concern quickly for the moment, but I am trying to find the original thread so you have all the information.

Reactions: olbriar and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones