• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Timeout using tether

Redog

Lurker
May 4, 2015
Started having issues a month ago when I wanted MotoGP Live Timing App on the phone. I DL'd it from KAT and put it on the SD card.
I could never locate the app. Took it to the friend who had rooted this phone and he couldn't find it.
No sweat. Took it home and removed the app from the SD card. Next thing I know, I'm getting messages at boot up saying a new update is ready to install.
It won't install.
Then I start getting messages at boot up saying Google store failed to verify or something like that.
I fixed that message by changing password in gmail (on PC) and then doing it on the phone.
Last Saturday I tried to watch the big fight at Crickey and WizWig by tether to the PC.
Ever since it seems the phone will timeout when I am online.
What could have happened?
I use this thing for torrents and internet and it's a real pain.
This is really strange because after about 3 -5 minutes, whatever page I'm on or download I'm doing, it stops and I can pick the phone up, unlock the screen and usually it starts working again.
A big WTF?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones