• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transfering : NEW DROID TURBO 2

coulterjosh

Jan 13, 2014
Tomorrow i am switching from a droid turbo to a new droid turbo 2. I need help transferring everything over. I am not worried about the apps i can just write those down but is there a way so i can make sure my wifi passwords and other useful information information that i am probably forgetting gets transferred over. Thanks

This is an excellent opportunity to get organized so what when you transfer off the Turbo 2 it will be easier.

I have a single directory with many subdirectories containing data that I want to transfer from one machine to another.

I use Nova Launcher Prime, Pixel Phone Pro, and Tasker. All three have backup/restore capabilities. I backup on the old device and restore to the new device.

I do the copying old madhine to Windows Desktop, to new machine. AS a result I have the files stored on the Windows machine also.

Whenever you do a major system upgrade ... like 5.1.1 to 6.0.1 or 6.0.1 to 7.x you should do a Factory data Reset. If you have a strategy worked out it is inconvenient as opposed to monumental.

... Thom

Upvote 0
Some of your settings are saved to the Google servers in your account information IF you selected to have that option enabled during the setup of your last device or later if you changes the settings. In most cases, if this was enabled, your apps will re-install automatically. I'm uncertain if WiFi passwords are backed up or not.

Most apps don't seem to use the Google services info backup... So you'll need to check to see if they have a backup/restore option or not. If they do have one, you can backup of these backups to a sdcard, a cloud service ( Google Drive, OneDrive etc ) or your computer using a USB data cable.

There is no one answer for this question... it's a case by case issue and you'll just need to look through each apps settings to find out if the option exists or not.

Reactions: doogald
Upvote 0
Some of your settings are saved to the Google servers in your account information IF you selected to have that option enabled during the setup of your last device or later if you changes the settings. In most cases, if this was enabled, your apps will re-install automatically. I'm uncertain if WiFi passwords are backed up or not.
They are.

Reactions: rdsok
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones