• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transferred Video to PC and it REFUSES to play!

Hi all.

My S2 plays video just fine. However, the screen is locked which means I cannot pause the video, skip the video etc. I can just change the volume using the button on the side of the button.

There is a lock pad on the screen when I touch the screen, play with the home button, reverse button. I'm not sure what I've done that makes my S2 became like this.

So, for now, I can't stop the video and needs the S2 play all my videos before it stop. Can somebody help me? Please!!!

Upvote 0
HELP!! I transferred a video from my S2 of my daughters school play. it was 53mins in length and 3.88gb in size. I'm having the same issue in the video not being able to play on any video player, including VLC.

The major problem I have is that my phone has since been stolen so I no longer have the original video so I cannot try transferring it again using the above method.

Is there any way I can change the existing file on my computer to get it to work? I'm desperate as this was my daughter singing solo on stage

Upvote 0
To correctly transfer large video files you must connect the phone in 'USB Mass Storage' mode (not MTP mode).

With the USB cable disconnected, goto: -

1) Settings => Wireless and Network => USB Utilities.
2) Select 'Connect storage to PC'
3) Plug in USB cable.
4) Select 'Connect USB storage'.
5) Select 'OK'.

You will now be able to transfer and play large videos. :)

For corrupt files previously transferred in MTP mode, I found some software to fix them, however the demo version will only repair the first 50% of the file unless you pay the €29 for the full version, which then only allows 5 repairs. :(
The company is 'Grau GbR' and the software is called 'HD Video Repair Utility'...
It requires the corrupt file and a good file to compare and apply the correct header unique to your device.
Hope this helps... :)

PS I am in no way affiliated with Grau GbR and still have half a corrupt file so if anyone finds some software that is cheaper or even free, please post! :D

Reactions: natna
Upvote 0
Yeah I have a similar problem. I'm a university student and I have 30GBs worth of lecture recordings which I have transferred to my PC which refuse to play. I no longer have these files in my phone because I had to delete them to make room for new recordings.

Please help me! otherwise all the time I've spent recording would have been a waste!

Upvote 0
Hi folks, really tanks for everybody. You help me to solve the problem of MTP transfer. Now I can transfer my files over than 2GB.

Then, for everybody that have corrupted files, send them to Youtube. Youtube will convert than, so you can download them back. They will work perfectelly.

The bitrate and quality will change, but not too much. I hope i

Upvote 0
God Neonath I hope you'll still read this I need your help urgent, or anyone else if he can help!

I follwed your instructions and then just copied my whole folder from my phone to PC, one 4GB file was fine and 2 other was displayed as 0kb files. And yet my biggest problem is that it's now 0kb on my phone as well :S.
And those two were actually the most important ones!! :(

Actually there's one possibility that they were already at 0kb before I copied as before I copied it said 8GB, if they were 3 files it should be 12GB hmmm, I unplug my sd card just yesterday you think it could currupt it? Also other file was fine so I don't have a clue what could of happend and I need those 2 files urgent!

Any ideas guys? Please help!

Upvote 0
Hi Guys, not sure whether my last post went through...
copying..

my video files play ok in S2 but once i transfer to my notepad(ASUS emachine...WIN XP), i am unable to play the video.. looks like it plays for 1 frame then stops!! Even it does the same for any size of files. I tried with VLC 2.0.1 (downloaded yesterday).. still no luck.. Can u please shed some light.. oh just remembered the video file did same once tried to open with another desktop(XP i guess). Do u have to make any change to any settings either in phone or player to play these files in full? Thanks in advance. i use only the internal memory of the phone

Upvote 0
I suspect my video problems are related to the speed at which the phone can write real-time video data to memory -- whether internal phone memory or MicroSD card. This may be due to limitations of memory speed (class) and/or other processes or apps interrupting the phone causing errors in writing real-time video data.

I suspect this is the problem because I can start some videos in Windows Media Player WMP that error out in the middle. When I play the same videos in VLC, I notice strange problems at the same point at which WMP thows and error.

The only solutions I can come up with so far to *prevent* the problem are..

1. record video the phone, and not the MicroSD card. Problem is very limited phone memory compared to MicroSD card.
2. Record video at lower resolutions requiring less processor power and less memory
3. Get a higher class of *quality* MicroSD card. I've been running on a Transcend 32MB class 4 card. I might need to get a 6 or 8. But, upgrade to a *quality* brand that's proven to have high data *write* speeds. Not all class 6 cards have good write speeds benchmarks.
4. Kill off high-bandwidth apps and processes that may be interfering with video recording

For my already damaged video, I'll have to rerender it with some software (handbrake) that won't choke on the problem spots.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones