• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Triumph with CyanogenMod - PRL update?

relztrah

Jun 21, 2013
I was able to activate my old Virgin Mobile Triumph on RingPlus and now I'm trying to do a PRL update in order to use it for calls. I previously installed CyanogenMod version 9-20130415

According to the RingPlus website I dial ##72786# but get nothing. No option to enter my MSL. Same thing if I dial ##MSL#. No option to edit. I'm guessing these work for a phone with the standard ROM.

Any suggestions?

##72786# menu in upper right corner, reset, reboot, and WAIT for the phone to do a hands free activation - process includes a PRL update.

If it works with CM. Which, that would surprise me some.

If it were me, I'd go back to a stock rom, update PRL and profile (in that order) and then restore CM and data from the nandroid backup made before doing that.

Reactions: Lordvincent 90
Upvote 0
##72786# menu in upper right corner, reset, reboot, and WAIT for the phone to do a hands free activation - process includes a PRL update.

If it works with CM. Which, that would surprise me some.

If it were me, I'd go back to a stock rom, update PRL and profile (in that order) and then restore CM and data from the nandroid backup made before doing that.

Does not work in pa_triumph 20130906 build

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones