• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Troubles with internal speaker after pairing

Edjekadetje

Lurker
May 10, 2022
Hi everyone!

I've got an issue concerning the use of a Dutch app that reminds me on the presence of speedtraps.
This app is called 'FlitsNav'.
I'm using it for the last 9 years on my Samsung Galaxy A5 (on Android 8).
App settings were configured to let it start en close on the Bluetooth connection.
As soon as a speedtrap pops up, the A5 internal speaker produced it's selected sound and the screen show what's going on.

Now comes the puzzle:
Since 5 days I've got a new phone, a Samsung A52S (on Android 11).
With exactly the same app settings I'm not able to let the app warn with sound, only by screen.
As soon as I cancel the Bluetooth connection, the app functions in all it's glory.

My temporary thought is that the app functions correctly on my new phone, and that the audiorouting is probably halted somewhere.

The app settings (Audiorouting) lets me choose from four flavors:
- automatic
- Bluetooth A2DP
- Internal speaker
- Bluetooth HFP
(I selected 'Internal speaker')

So I try to figure out how on earth the Bluetooth connection is able to block any sound from the app to the speaker.
Would anybody of you like to join me in this and assist me with this annoying puzzle?

Many thanks in advance,

Ed
Amsterdam.

Hi there, no I haven't tried another speed trap app.
But I might if this phenomenon isn't going to be solved!
I didn't receive any reply from the devs.

Both manual or automatically starting the app doesn't affect the volume setting, I checked that out already.
Furthermore I tried every option in the Audiorouting and left it on 'automatic.

Thanks, Ed

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones