• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

trying to pair PC with J3 via Bluetooth

alabt

Lurker
Sep 23, 2021
I am trying to pair my J3 phone with my Windows 10 PC, it seems to see it for just afew seconds then it loses connection ? Any ideas , I checked on line and none of the ideas work ?
It says my phone and PC are paired but once that connection drops out, the only way to make it connect again . . . just for a short time, is to remove the J3 from my Windows 10 list, that says it sees it. Then it will connect again but drop out quickly again. The devices are physically next to each other and not being moved.
Also on my J3 when I turn the Bluetooth on / off I don't see an ICON for bluetooth , indicating it is on but I do detect the J3's bluetooth signal with software I have on the PC to look for bluetooth signals.
Why no bluetooth ICON ? Why the drop out of connection within seconds ?
Al

The pop up ( on my PC ) says to verify a code sent by my phone, I do that and then while I am getting ready to make the file transfer from my PC to my Galaxy J3 . . . the connection drops. Happens everytime, within seconds. The only way to get a connection again is to remove the device of my phone in my PC and go thru it all again . . . it repeats and drops the connection with in seconds.
If I decide to use a USB cable to do file transfer what can I use? I noted that the phone side of the USB input is tiny, can I use the charger power supply cable between my PC & phone to do file transfer via USB ?

Upvote 0
I looked into NitroShare and it looks like it does not work on Android, which the phone is. My PC is Windows 10, Nitroshare will work on that PC.
I was told by Samsung support that the issue with my Bluetooth dropping out is because the Bluetooth drivers in the phone are out of date. And Samsung does not update them anymore in phone updates because the phone is " in their mind " old . . . the J3 came out in July 2018, to Samsung that is old ???
Samsung has a habit of not updating software usually after 5 years, but on my phone they still are doing updates that work on all things except the Bluetooth drivers don't update anymore, they said ???
Right now my plan is to do the transfer files via a USB cable from my PC to phone.

Upvote 0
I looked into NitroShare and it looks like it does not work on Android, which the phone is. My PC is Windows 10, Nitroshare will work on that PC.
I was told by Samsung support that the issue with my Bluetooth dropping out is because the Bluetooth drivers in the phone are out of date. And Samsung does not update them anymore in phone updates because the phone is " in their mind " old . . . the J3 came out in July 2018, to Samsung that is old ???
Samsung has a habit of not updating software usually after 5 years, but on my phone they still are doing updates that work on all things except the Bluetooth drivers don't update anymore, they said ???
Right now my plan is to do the transfer files via a USB cable from my PC to phone.

After reading this thread and FWIW I connected my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra via Bluetooth to one of our office Great Wall PCs, which is running Windows 7, And that paired no problems, it stayed connected, and was able to do data transfers, and internet tethering. Normally I don't use Windows myself, and have connected various phones to Macbooks no problems via BT.

The Note 20 Ultra with Android 11 is quite a recent phone and presumably incorporates more up to date BT drivers. The Galaxy J3 is running Android 8 isn't it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Again,Thanks to all. OK on that link you gave me for Android, puppykickr. The main NitroShare website did not show that, maybe I did not look good . . .
But . . . guess what ! After dealing with the company who files I was trying to transfer from my PC to phone via Bluetooth . . . they tell me . . . oh you can simply go to the Google Play Store on your phone and simply downlard our software into your Android ( phone ) device directly . . . heck I said ???
Here their telling me to do it via Bluetooth or USB cable . . . when I could have AND DID do it directly from the Internet to my phone . . . it worked. I was in the WI-FI mode on my phone and it downloaded the software perfectly and the thing works. No Bluetooth or USB cables involved.
I'll still mess with the Bluetooth, just to see if I can get it to stay connected, someday I'll do that !!!
Again thanks to you all and Take care,
Al

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones