• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turn Off voice command

Codger47

Jul 30, 2017
First post. Have a couple of questions, but this one is the most urgent.

Voice command has suddenly appeared whenever I try tp do a web search, on Chrome and Firefox. Cannot access the keyboard.

I have already spent over an hour trying to find a solution on line. Found several; none worked,

My question is simple: How do I turn off voice command on my Lenovo Tab 2 A10 30 tablet??

Be grateful for an answer which actually works.

What I have tried:

First I had good look at the open function, IE the voice command which opens when I try to use the keyboard. Looked at the voice settings via the cogwheel icon on the page, as well as commands from the three vertical dots at top right of the screen

I also went into tablet settings and looked at apps and accessibility. Could find nothing to help.

Followed series of suggestions which included going into apps and accessibility to look for categories not on this tablet.

I have idea what I did to open the voice command function. I suspect the solution is idiot simple, but so far I can't fix it myself. I only ask for help her as a last resort.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones