• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tv streaming apps like mobdro?

Philboyd

Lurker
Jan 28, 2018
Hi guy's. I have a TX2 android box with mobdro on it . Mobdro was running fine but lately every stream constantly stop/starts buffering every few seconds. I've reset the box reinstalled mobdro etc but no good. I really like how mobdro works how it streams individual tv shows etc. What are the best alternatives out there? Or a fix if anyone knows of one? Cheers.

Hi guy's. I have a TX2 android box with mobdro on it . Mobdro was running fine but lately every stream constantly stop/starts buffering every few seconds. I've reset the box reinstalled mobdro etc but no good. I really like how mobdro works how it streams individual tv shows etc. What are the best alternatives out there? Or a fix if anyone knows of one? Cheers.

Could be a bandwidth issue you've got? Run something like Speed Test on the Android box, see what it reports. Maybe your ISP is throttling Mobdro streams?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.zwanoo.android.speedtest

I use Mobdro quite often and it's been aright, it streams fine in China via my VPN.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm hitting 52mbps through a power line adapter. But even if i run an Ethernet cable straight from the router at 100mbps it still happens.

I wonder if your ISP is throttling or blocking the Mobdro streams then? Mobdro streams no problems for me, but I do have to use a VPN, because otherwise it's completely blocked here in China. Don't know of any streaming alternatives, other than what @Dannydet has already suggested. Perhaps you could try a VPN with it, I use ExpressVPN myself, for if your ISP is throttling or blocking it. A net neutrality issue? FWIW I did try Mobdro again just now, and it was fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, Tubi is good, especially because it's free and it operates similar to Netflix. There are plenty of other free apps that Firestick offers. Some of them are pretty convenient, but I so got used to Netflix, Hulu, and HBO Max that these are still main apps I use.
Still for those who love their machine and able to turn off mobile background data :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones