• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TWRP Backups 4.2.2 k2_cl(BoostMobile)

frosthax1

Android Enthusiast
Dec 8, 2011
Jacksonville,Florida
Download eitheir zip file then you extract all thats in it to the root of your external or internal sdcard.load up twrp recovery,select restore,find the backup folder and select it,make sure every option is checked and swipe to restore it.Caution:factory reset should only be used as a last resort.can break some preset operations in backup.theres always other options before a factory reset.if you want to reset just restore the backup again.this will be the reset without losing functionality!

Changes:1st link added:TWRP 4.2.2 Supermod Htc One SV Boost Full Version Stock Backup
root
supersu
busybox 1.22.1
xposed installer
es file explorer
full stock backup for 4.2.2

2nd link:Frosthax Super Debloated 4.2.2 V4 (Glitch-Free)
Heavily Debloated English Version (no other languages included)
root
supersu
busybox 1.23.0-stericon
xposed installer
es file explorer
Google Play store 5.3.6 (new)
Dolphin Browser
data/throttle mod
go launcher ex replaces main launcher

Changes in debloat english edition V2,and Readded in V3 and V4:
More Debloated to increase performance and function
Added Busybox 1.23.0-stericon
Added APM+(Removed Airplane mode on power button advanced boot menu options and no dialog popups)
Added CPU1 script(now use true power of dual core)
Added syscl.conf
Added Pure Performance X Golden Edition and Pure Graphics HD Rendering version
Supersu now autogrants and doesnt pop up any annoying dialogs(makes it easier to get root permission done handsfree)
No longer gets google sync error,all fixed(forgot to remove some things constantly checking for apps that didnt exist anyway-false message ;P
Added Custom Bootanimation Helix
Adb shell active,usb debug and unknown sources active(made this so simple,just have to lock and load and watch your system fly
most apps removed so you can install whatever you like and uninstall at will and much faster
boot time 5-10 seconds
doesnt ask to install htc manager,widgets removed,total apps take up 2 screens on app manager,lot removed for performance,doesnt break a thing,every function works

Changes in V3:
Fixed Streaming Glitch and video Playback in camera app (improvement)
Google Play Store Updated to 5.3.6
Kitkat Clock
Visulizer
Swapper Mod-More space for appstorage (4 gigs)

Changes in V4:
v4 addons so far:updated all previous apps
still has the same stuff flashed in it as i just built on from v3
(simpilar to build from last backup so i dont forget anything)

Addons:busybox 1.2.4-1 busybox
Zoom Camera Fx
Go Sms Pro
Google Play Store 6.3.16

(hid some stuff that really has a shortcut or
doesnt need to be visible from app menu.
if you want to still see what was hidden or use them from app
they are in hide apps section,
pattern is the letter Z,
but like i said its all stuff you dont need to really worry
bout as they are located easily elsewhere in visible
areas or via the go launcher menu drop)

already set up and ready to go.

i also noticed i goofed in v3 and flashed the wrong bootloader mod.
i fixed that so now its on the right updated version

Slight Bug Noted:im not sure what caused this but you can no longer add or delete sounds from the ringtones and such,however setting it as a ringtone through music options and such does work

Other Workaround:eek:pen es file manager and go to /system/media/audio

in there you can technically delete all the mp3 sounds thru their respective folders of alarms ringtones and notifications.

Note:since this is a system edit,once your done deleting and replacing the mp3 files you need to reboot your entire phone.

once its rebooted check your sound settings.your files should show your audio files now.
besides that,its stable so no biggie

Last edited:
Every device I've gone to psp LG f6 huwaei ascend or HTC one sv I try to gather up as much info as I can and help those in need.I feel it's my true calling in this world.hope test phase goes good.I've been on it days without error

note:the debloated edition if you look into accounts and sync it says its not synced with google but if you open it up everything still in there is synced so thats a false message.i think i left something in there that trys to read google apps as a whole and it cant find some because they dont exist lol,but this is not to be alarmed it affects nothing.should be fixed in v2 but not really an issue

Last edited:
Reactions: sol123
Upvote 0
UPDATED in OP
still running debloated v2 testing myself no issues.with all the tweaks and stuff I added and removed tested battery and so far on a stock battery for twelve hours half on half off from a full charge loading apps and downloading etc batteries at 73 percent.making debloat version was totally worth it.should also mention you get about a gig or so app storage space

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ya it has no music player or nothing but beats audio and all still functions of course,just find a player to your liking and your set.i hate alot of stock stuff and was trying to make it more user friendly preference.tell me how it fairs.ive been running it ever since before i uploaded it and i must tell you,i encounter no bugs so far and its faster.it even auto found my fastboot drivers on 8.1 overcoming the usual issue

Upvote 0
ya it has no music player or nothing but beats audio and all still functions of course,just find a player to your liking and your set.i hate alot of stock stuff and was trying to make it more user friendly preference.tell me how it fairs.ive been running it ever since before i uploaded it and i must tell you,i encounter no bugs so far and its faster.it even auto found my fastboot drivers on 8.1 overcoming the usual issue
I never liked the stock music player either i use playerpro and really holy ship. I was never able to get fastboot working on windows 8.1 so i use a virtual machine version of Windows Vista

Upvote 0
actually i thought it did.it still breaks fastboot lol weird i couldve swore it worked.but if you look for the universal naked driver .73 and follow instructions to manually install thatll fix that

especially pay attention to the how to disable signature enforcement drivers too.once thats off the naked manual install will take and fix all problems

Reactions: svz235
Upvote 0
note:if you want basics music player dont care about fancy.you know es file manager is also a movie player downloader music player etc right?options in tools section

also dolphin browser can stream videos and even if you got caught in a throttle,its browser still moves faster than most
Dolphin browser is the best in my opinion its the only browser ill ever use, and well ill just stick to the vista virtual machine its simpler for me

Reactions: frosthax1
Upvote 0
First off, thank you so much for the 4.2.2 how to root guide. I could not find solid information ANYWHERE on how to root a Boost SV, much less 4.2.2... That was a god send. I've read around on how to flash roms and I suppose I'm doing something wrong, but I'm trying to install your debloated version. (the amount of crap that comes on the Boost version is crazy) but it always fails when I try to install the zip from TWRP

Do I need to perform s-off first? I downloaded your zip, moved it to the sd card, loaded into recovery and tried to install the zip but it always fails. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks again for all your work :)

Upvote 0
your not supposed to install your supposed to extract the folder onto your internal card or external card.then when you go to restore itll show the backup folder and you select and make sure all is checked and restore

its a backup not a flashable zip.this is why its failing on you.its not setup to read as a flashable that way lol

Reactions: dboyfloyd
Upvote 0
no problem.im sorry i forget sometimes people new to this may not understand the difference between a backup and a fullfledged flashable zip.

there is a few custom roms you do flash.this is much different process.if i knew how to convert to a flashable i would,but im just a guru.i understand enough to get by and provide better than some,but im not exactly a developer.i was trained by a good dev on this phone though but im leaving a full rom to him lol.too many manipulations to consider.but still its something to play with until a full fledged custom roms made.theres actually one in the works by the developer that helped show me the strings to give advice on this phone,but itll be reaching alpha stage in about a month.unsure if hes gonna fully release it as alpha or choose a few beta testers to make sure its solid for a public release.i do know im going to be one of the first to prooftest it however.sometimes its best to give it to a few that are knowledgeable to fix themselves if something goes wrong than to give it to a whole community and cause bricking mayhem.i also give one on ones if you need more indepth help.but i am only one guy,you can be in a waiting line sometimes lol.so far im in the process of helping 2,unless they figured it out already.idk they are in away status for days atm

im also getting a new laptop thatll cut my work process down by 3/4ths and allow me to deliver upload etc faster and more efficient
if interested you can see the system im planning to get as theres a discussion about it here
;)(just need to get income tax and im rushing to the store)

http://androidforums.com/threads/laptop-build-advice.895832/#post-6854201

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ahhh got it working now

MAN this is amazing! It's like 100x better of a phone now. I can't believe how good it looks. HTC should make this the stock theme on all their phones lol

Sweet ass work! Amazing job. thanks so much for this!

Yeah I understand what you mean. that's why I didn't bother rooting this until I found your thread. used to mod boost motos back in the day 415s 455s etc lol. sounds like some cool stuff in the works. gotta keep us all updated for sure! :) and keep up the great work!! this is very impressive for sure.

I'm about to check out that laptop build now.

Upvote 0
personally advice for this phone is buy slide-it keyboard.its like 5-6 bucks but comes with alot of awesome theme mods and you can use swype or typing perfectly.it brings desire to this.sadly i couldnt incorporate it into this backup.there is a free version but meh to me it teases you to want to buy it for its full features.i will say it is worth it though.also xposed installers included in this.there is a guide somewhere that mentions what works for this phone.i forgot where but not all xposed modules work for this.maybe in russels slimrom it will but unsure.i dunno if hes removing sense or what exactly hes doing but the sense makes some custimizations break honestly.we will see though but im sure itll be awesome

Upvote 0
Ive got a question about the backup. Ive kinda seen this before otherwise Id be even more supprised , but I wasrt wondering if you could tell me why Im seeming to have the "settle in" effect. What I mean is that a particular app or function seems to be buggy or unstable, the problem survives the first and second restarts, but then seems to get better over time. Dolphin browser ( and any browser actually) was/is having minor issues but they are getting better over time. I was having trouble with the touch screen as well but that has "fixed" itself as well. I know that tech doesnt fix itself, but it is seeming too. Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior, from this backup or anywhere else? Like I said Ive seen it before, but still dont know why. Thanks again guys, cant wait to see what you come up with

Upvote 0
See Ummmm... Can you give an example of scripts "settling in"? Like I said I have seen it before but it is baffling to me because a script s either work or it won't. I do not understand how it could change over time without changes being made by me. Also I've got some new" bugs" to report... I use an app that measures boot time, it lists my boot time as "10min 0"... Quite inaccurate as the boot time is less than a minute, but it is still registering wrong so I thought you might like to know. Also I cannot get YouTube to work, I'd appreciate hearing your advice on that :). And lastly (and this is a problem that I have caused) I think I have a fellow MMO player that has "followed me home" from the game and is looking through my device. Do you know how I could verify if that is happening? Basically my device began to bog down heavily in all respects, but when I restored from a backup the problem was gone.... Makes me suspicious :) thanks again guys I appreciate all your help

EdIt: just read your other thread and about the streaming issue. I just thought you'd want to know, since you already do everything is cool on this end :)

Another Edit: hows your browser? mine wont nav. back to the previous page ....alot. still livable. just letting you know to grow your developer brain !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
app showing a different boot time than what you know means nothing.sounds more like something may be stuck in cache.YouTube works fine as does the browser to me.if all else fails you can factory reset but you'll have to reset settings and the throttle mod will be undone.it's unclear what's causing this as different people are having different issues.only thing I see true to me is Pandora looping.why other devices get different results unclear.if it's not happening to me I can't figure out a solution.like I said thou Russel going to help figure if possible.this will take time as he's on his own project

Upvote 0
ok so from being nonthrottled i can gather the pandora thing must have been due to something that was removed from the system in the backup.im still unsure what it is but the first link should be fine.its the debloated one that needs something readded to it,but what im unsure

whatevers affecting pandora is prolly also affecting streaming in general.well at least off of wifi

Upvote 0
ok i still got a copy of v1 im going to run that and see if the issues in that.if its not im buffering it up to v2 but going to try to see what extra i remove that started this streaming glitch so it doesnt happen again
this may take a bit to figure out the problem.once i find it i should be able to extract the apk rerun v2 and just add the broken thing back to v2 to fix it.wish me luck

Upvote 0
problems still in v1 whitch eitheir means something was left that needs to be removed or something was removed in v1

v1 was based off a trusted removing guide though so hmmm,at a loss what it could be unless its videoplayer.apk but that shouldnt affect pandora o_O

upon reading on issues,it might just be a glitch with boost network being too slow even not being throttled

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...nyone-else-experiencing-problems-pandora.html unsure if its even anything i did look at article for reference

Upvote 0
okay s heres the post I referenced in the slimrom thread.... so I was reading about the Pure Performance mods (thanks for the answer about that btw) and it says to remove all existing init.d scripts before install, so I moseyed on down to /etc/init.d to have a look. Along the way I noticed a folder (/etc/Crossbreeder) and decided to have a look in there as well. It appeared to be self explanatory, a few mods and tweaks that you could guess by the name, but I wanted to know more and ran it through Google. I can up with a thread on xda and I am wondering if there is a connction because they dont appear to be quite the same thing (on casual observation anyway) Im sorry if this is a silly question but .... well like I said I like to ask before I break things :) I get to spend so much more time modding instead of fixing then!
Edit:i Go and say all that and then forget the link! http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2113150

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones