• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root UK Galaxy Mega 6.3 i9205 LTE stuck on Recovery Booting

UK Galaxy Mega 6.3 i9205 LTE stuck on Recovery Booting, Odin Official Rom flashing. HELP? Not Solved

• Mega

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

googolaz

Mar 9, 2015
Dear Support, Guys, Anyone who can help with steps on my Mega 6.3 i9205 LTE, flashing official rom via Odin will be very thankful for the replies and help .
1. Phone had custom rom 4.2.2 installed and philz_touch recovery.
2. Erased dalvik, cache, factory reset phone via philz_touch recovery before flashing official rom.
3. Downloaded I9205XXUDOA1_I9205BTUDOA1_I9205XXUDOA1_HOME.tar.md5 and lovely installed it from fresh, using odin 3.07.
4. Phone is fully flashed now but stuck on Samsung boot screen logo and (blue) recovery booting notice. Does not go any further. Waited 30 min and nothing.
5. Phone does not go to official recovery. if i flash philz_touch recovery , i have custom recovery back.

Please let me know how to proceed any further to have official 4.4.2 rom installed on this device.
Appreciate all your help guys

Is the option in ODIN to reboot "checked"?
Run the program again, and leave that option UNchecked.
After the program runs again, unplug the device, and then boot into recovery. (you'll still be in download mode, but use the button combo to boot into recovery as if the device was off)...does that make sense?

It does make sense, of course. Thank you.
1. I have unchecked REBOOT in Odin
2. Run download mode in MEGA phone
3. Connected to PC and reflashed firmware again
4. Flashed just fine like always
5. I have disconnected phone after and still had download mode on phone screen.
6. Hold ( UP + Home + Power ) buttons to enter official recovery
7. Phone starts , Recovery booting ........ stuck again on the same screen

did i follow your steps correctly? Thank you

Upvote 0
Yeah, I thought that would do the trick, sorry.
Hmmm, what about a fresh download of the firmware?

Seems like everything is working except when you reboot :thinking:

So it keeps rebooting between recovery and the boot up screen? over and over again?
Hi, there was nothing wrong with download, perfect firmware flashed. There must be something wrong with previous custom firmware and root. Phone does not reboot, it just stays on the same screen after flashing, that is it. I have added few photos for you

Attachments

• IMG_4977.JPG
    IMG_4977.JPG
    403.6 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_4978.JPG
    IMG_4978.JPG
    375.3 KB · Views: 573
Upvote 0
From what I can tell, Knox has been tripped. More than likely when you installed the custom recovery, but that's part of the "known", when rooting etc.
More about Knox here.

When you say you restored a backup, do you mean a nandroid backup? What recovery do you have?--Philz?

Hi. Pnone was bought by me with custom rom installed. This was online downloaded backup (2013-01-01.05.38.25_JDQ39.I9205XXUCNA2) Worked perfectly , using philz_touch recovery. Yes, i have Philz recovery . Thank you.

Upvote 0
Issue was Not solved. Any help guys? Odin allows me to flash stock rom 4.2.2 and 4.4.2, shows "PASS" but phone does not start and has no official recovery too. I can flash TWRP / Philz_touch via odin and do complete wipe from there but got nothing after, phone just do not start or pass samsung logo.
Latest .zip file i ve installed was MegaFireMj2V20XGrandFinale.zip but i relly need official rom again :) does anyone can help here? Thank you P.S. I can upload any photos if you want me to

Upvote 0
Issue was Not solved. Any help guys? Odin allows me to flash stock rom 4.2.2 and 4.4.2, shows "PASS" but phone does not start and has no official recovery too. I can flash TWRP / Philz_touch via odin and do complete wipe from there but got nothing after, phone just do not start or pass samsung logo.
Latest .zip file i ve installed was MegaFireMj2V20XGrandFinale.zip but i relly need official rom again :) does anyone can help here? Thank you P.S. I can upload any photos if you want me to

have you solved your problem then pls tell me i m facing same problem as yours with my mega I9205. and pls post the link for philz recovery because i didnt found it anywere. an tell me that how you was able to take your phone back to life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
have you solved your problem then pls tell me i m facing same problem as yours with my mega I9205. and pls post the link for philz recovery because i didnt found it anywere. an tell me that how you was able to take your phone back to life.

1.dowload Philz, that one i have : http://androidhost.org/3pF3I
2. install it via Odin
3. dowload custom Rom - MegaFireMj2V20XGrandFinale.zip. Web link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95832962473395653
4. Install as .zip file using Philz recovery.

Not official, but my phone works now , wi-fi and everything else, version 4.2.2 .
Enjoy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones