• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ultra Mobile's PayGo Plan

mint is using t-mobile's network. i get horrible coverage with t-mobile. there are spots here in L.A. that is super weak. i used to have Sprint which had way better coverage. when they merged my reception went to crap, so i jumped ship to Verizon.

so the plan for me maybe cheap, but my calls and internet will suffer greatly on mint.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Yes, if you get bad coverage on T-Mobile, then you'll get bad coverage on Ultra/Mint. That said, I'm suggesting the PayGo plan for backup phones. Spotty coverage is hardly ideal, but it's more tolerable on a backup phone than your main phone.

Alternatively, you may want to use another carrier on your backup phone. Backup phones are emergency tools, and you don't want an emergency tool failing you in an emergency. But on another carrier, you'll pay a lot more than $5 per month.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
yeah but who carries two phones? i never see a use to have a backup phone. i have a note 4 somewhere in my drawer which i have used it as an mp3 player from time to time.
I always had to carry two phones. My personal phone and a contractor phone, normally a Nextel. If a contractor wanted us to use our personal phone they would have to pay us $50 a month for service. Union contract.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I always had to carry two phones. My personal phone and a contractor phone, normally a Nextel. If a contractor wanted us to use our personal phone they would have to pay us $50 a month for service. Union contract/
geez you must have fat pockets.....or maybe something like this:
Model Style GIF by Zuny

Upvote 0
Sorry I'm not carrying two phones in my pocket. My huge ass z fold 4 is all my pants can handle. I need to get a few new pants, cuz I am starting to get holes where my phone runs against it. I have a note 4 somewhere lying around if I need a backup phone.....I guess.
My advice: Get cargo pants. Cargo pants have reasonably-sized pockets, other pants don't. That's why your pants are getting holes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones