• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to block advertisements

archz2

May 29, 2012
I have Redmi-4A. My phone is rooted and I'm running MIUI Global 8.5.7 ROM. Yesterday I did a fastboot install of this rom because I ran into a bootloop.

Everything is working fine now. The trouble is that Adaway application is not blocking my advertisements. I updated the hosts and rebooted several times but I failed to block ads.

Then I installed Ad blocker reborn for xposed. After rebooting, I got repeated pop ups that MIUI SDK is not responding. I could not get to my home screen at all and the only alternative I had was to disable my xposed using TWRP and creating "DISABLED" file in xposed directory.
The xposed that I installed was flashed from the official xposed apk file. I did not flash any zip.

Now my phone is fine but I have the issue of advertisements. What can I do to successfully use adaway or adblocker reborn?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones