• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to install NORTON w LIFELOCK

I have been trying to get my Norton reinstated after Comcast no longer offers it free since Jan 1, 2021. After 4 attempts & giving my bank info 4 times, the screen just stops after completing the application. I'm already having problems with my brand new phone & that, was getting a blank screen for the NORTON website that said something like "This page no longer available" ? I havent had a properly working device in over a year! My business has been destroyed!
At some point is it too far fetched to believe I am the victim of a targeted attack? Is that something that can be found out? Does anyone recommend "The Geek Squard"?

norton sucks......i would ditch it. android is pretty good about not getting viruses. i have been using android since the beginning and i have never seen the need for it. if you are going to get something, get https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.malwarebytes.antimalware.

why do you think you need something like that?

and geek squad is only good for their protection plans. and it is mostly for piece of mind then anything else.

Upvote 0
I had a neighbor who has all of my devices hacked 3 years ago. Between synched emails and plugging my phone's & tablet into my laptop, I'm still not sure how he did it all, but he destroyed me financially & the aftershocks still lives.
Now, I just got a brand new phone, and its giving me problems (I posted earlier about that) Now, I can't get NORTON on my laptop. (I was using them just because of the discount from Comcast & Lifelock) I have every reason to have PTSD after what I went thru.
PS I meant Geek Squad to have my devices checked again and protection installed. I havnt had a device WITHOUT hacking issues in years. But my judge of character is getting better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones