• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unmounted sd card

Hello I wondered if anyone could help. I have an experia arc and its suddenly unmounted the sd card so it won't let me take pics etc. I was advised by Sony to back the phone up which I have tried however it won't connect to the website as it says I need the memory card inserted ... Can anyone help?? I also don't want to loose contacts, messages etc as these aren't backed up?

Many thanks Sarah

1) Assuming that your contacts are on your account, not on "phone", they're backed up on Google.

2) There are a lot of apps you can use to back up messages - SMS Backup+ is good, easy to use and free.

3) Connect the SD card to your computer. (Some computers and most laptops have an SD card slot, and microSD cards come with full size adapters.) If your computer doesn't have a slot, there are USB adapters you can buy for $5 or less that will allow you to plug the card into the computer.

Don't be surprised if the computer can't see the card either. It sounds to me as if the card has gone bad. They do. ALWAYS have whatever on your SD cards you consider important backed up somewhere else. (I know it might be too late for this card, but you'll know for the future.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones