• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Update Phone from M70 to M150

ATgiant

Lurker
May 13, 2012
Willster-

I have a C771 on M070 that I would like to update to M150. I haven't used the phone in about 2 years, so I don't remember everything that I did to it at the time, but I do know that I uninstalled some bloat and won't be able to use innopath to update. The phone is also no longer connected to Verizon service, or an service at all. I'm hoping you can help me do this with what you've learned from helping Joey.

Here's the stats:
Android version: 2.3.3
Baseband: 1
Kernel: 2.6.35.7-perf ncmc@ncmc #1
Hardware: 1.1

I've tried using your latest root tool 2.3 to follow some of the steps you laid out but my phone version is not supported for the stock recovery and boot. I did use it to install the GNM recovery.

Here's the dumped boot and recovery file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110216/dumpedImages.zip
I created those before installing the GNM recovery.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones