• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update to Android 11 ??

melani78

Dec 8, 2017
my Samsung mobile is telling me to update to Android 11 , is there really anything that is better than android 10 ?? I notice the more Updates the more Likely it is for others to spy on our data & messages .

I also find it very strange when I turned my pc on - suddenly microsoft Edge also Updated automatically , very strange considering I set to - "Not update" !!

is there really anything that is better than android 10 ??
The features of each Android version being better or worse is subjective, is there something you don't like after looking at reviews/changes for Android 11?

I notice the more Updates the more Likely it is for others to spy on our data & messages .
Where have you noticed this, and who do you mean?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
my Samsung mobile is telling me to update to Android 11 , is there really anything that is better than android 10 ?? I notice the more Updates the more Likely it is for others to spy on our data & messages .

I also find it very strange when I turned my pc on - suddenly microsoft Edge also Updated automatically , very strange considering I set to - "Not update" !!
Where are you getting this information on the updates spy on data and messages? :OAlso what about your edge upgrade, that is always constant besides... You got to upgrade them both, besides why are you not filling us in on what is your main problem, try android 12.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Newer versions of Android actually have better controls for privacy and permissions. By using a Samsung device, with a Samsung account, already consent to a considerable amount of data sharing. You know, for a "more personalized experience".

If you're using Edge or Chrome browsers, Android data mining should be the least of your concerns anyway.... my 2c...

Upvote 0
This sounds like internet legend to me. Do you have a source for this claim?
As people have said above, more recent versions have more granular controls and alerts for some types of data access that earlier versions lack. And will generally be better protected against malware.
I'm not a Windows user, but check the small print. It might update as part of system updates (which I understand to be ongoing and piecemeal in Win 10, unlike earlier versions), or it might be that there was some security fix that they felt more important than your preferences. From the stories I've heard about Windows update doing its own thing over the years this wouldn't especially surprise me.

Reactions: Davdi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones