• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade from jellybean

Hey all

Im new in the android World , i have the Galaxy Mega I9205 with jellybean 4.2.2.
I have for some time tried to upgrade to kitkat or lollipop , but dont know how , it does not look like it comes automaticly to my phone ??
To upgrade an android version , is this like upgrade an Windows pc ??
You know just install the new win version, does it Work the same way for android ??

Thanks

Brian

The update is specific for your device, so it isn't the same as windows. Samsung would need to create an update package, that would then be pushed to your phone (this is the term OTA you see around). Another option is to check the All Things Root subforum for the Mega and see if there is a custom rom. These are versions made by enthusiasts specific to your device.

Also, I moved this to the Mega forum where other owners may have ideas as well.

Upvote 0
The update is specific for your device, so it isn't the same as windows. Samsung would need to create an update package, that would then be pushed to your phone (this is the term OTA you see around). Another option is to check the All Things Root subforum for the Mega and see if there is a custom rom. These are versions made by enthusiasts specific to your device.

Also, I moved this to the Mega forum where other owners may have ideas as well.

Thanks

Brian

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones