• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

urgent help required

please help bypass or rem ove privacy protection password

• most relevent

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • privacy protection password removeal

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
A factory reset will remove the privacy protection password, as well as removing all of the data that that password protects (i.e. everything on the phone). So provided you do know the Google login and password for the phone (which you will require in order to get into the phone after a reset) this is a possible solution if you care about getting into the phone but don't care about the data on it. You will not be able to recover any data on the phone after a reset unless you have a backup that is not on the phone (the phone storage is encrypted and the reset will erase the encryption key), so if your concern is recovering data then do not do a reset.

If you don't know the Google login credentials currently on this device then whatever you do do not reset the phone, as that will lock you out even worse than now and will also have erased your data.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My mind is a sieve since yesterday. :rolleyes:o_O

Privacy protection password gets you in to someone's set up device and their account?

Google"s account password + login enables avoiding FRP when resetting another's device

Why someone's reset and account removed device on the other thread still had a lock screen password I couldn't figure.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
My mind is a sieve since yesterday. :rolleyes:o_O

Privacy protection password gets you in to someone's set up device and their account?
Yeah, it's just what Google call the lockscreen password.
Google"s account password + login enables avoiding FRP when resetting another's device
If I were being pedantic (which is an occupational hazard in my line of work) I'd say that the Google login unlocks the phone after FRP is activated. The way to avoid FRP is to remove the account before resetting, but you need to unlock the screen to do that.
Why someone's reset and account removed device on the other thread still had a lock screen password I couldn't figure.
Yeah, that does not make a lot of sense to me...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones