• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB Host Controller Problem on X92 TV Box

RalfyFM

Lurker
Apr 9, 2017
Hello,
I have one of those X92 Android TV boxes which I'm having a few problems with. The latest problem is my USB attached storage is not recognised automatically when the box is rebooted, or sometimes when the USB storage is power cycled. Presently I have to use a USB Host Controller app to reset the the USB storage. I don't want to keep the disks on all the time (only when streaming media) and obviously I would like the storage to re-attach after a box reboot. I have two questions therefore:

1. What could be causing the problem of USB HDD's not being recognised when the TV box is rebooted or after a power cycle of the HDD's?
2. Is there a system startup script or app that can run to reset the USB storage automatically? Could this also run upon detecting a USB device?

Regards,

Ralfy

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones