• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root usb key board

I really want to get something similar working. I want to use my phone as the keyboard for the PC. They have an app for it, but it would require a code patch to be added to the kernel, other wise its a no go. I'm pretty proof positive that what you're wanting would require the same. I'm going to get Ubuntu up at some point to tomorrow, and one of the first things I intend on severely screwing up is our stock kernel. I'll be happy to look into what you're after, when I try my hand at this droid to PC keyboard thing. If it seems within my capacity, and if no one beats me to it, I'll compile it for you. I think it'd be really good practice for me and a valuable learning experience too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones