• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USB wont charge/ (sometimes)

Yugi00

Lurker
Oct 9, 2019
Hi there.
3 days ago my phone stopped charging from the cable. It stuck on 68% then i used it like "whatever i will charge it later". Then after the next charge it didnt pass 48%. I didnt updated the phones since august (which was around 110mb) so i updatedm but the battery went down to 20% and couldnt recharge it. It didnt detected the cable.
Then i went to work next day and tried some other chargers and cables and still no luck. So i deceided to do some cash cleaning (inside the 3 button hard mode menu). Didnt helped so i did a hard factory reset. After that i always got a moisture detection and didnt allowed me to charge the phone again. The next step i did was that i cleaned the usb socket but it was more or less clean. I thought maybe the weather conditions changed lately since its autumn. Still no luck. Then i bought a wireless charger and charged the phone with that finally! But the cable still didnt work. When i connected it to a PC it couldnt recognize the device. Then after some tries with other cables and flipping them over and over suddenly it started charging. The next day (today) i wanted to charge it again, but the problem happened again,... moisture detected, No PC recognition. Then i did a second factory reset. The phone charges, when i disconect it then somehow it stops working again and needs a regular reset.
The phones says its charging slow but the PC still cant recognize it.
Dont know if this is a real HW problem or just a Software Update issue.

Stop trying to charge the phone with your PC.

That is a very slow charge, that can barely build a charge if the phone is on.

Try using a wall charger.

Look at the mAh of the charge rate in your battery settings while it is charging.
If your device does not have this option, then get an app that does show this information.

While looking at this mAh number, change out your cords, trying each one of them.
This will let you see which ones are good and which ones are not.

CpuFloat is an excellent ad-free app for this.

Ampere (has ads) is another app that works as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones