• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

User Interface

MrMatthew

Nov 8, 2014
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, 8.0.0 Oreo.

The Google Play Store shows an "update" entitled, Samsung One UI Home." My current UI is called, "Samsung Experience Home." I understand that the update is the same UI with a different name. I've read the reviews that pertain to Galaxy S7, 8.0.0 Oreo for the new update, and they are all really bad, reporting several problems.

QUESTIONS
Is the update worth downloading?
2. If not, is there a way to remove it from "updates" on the Google Play Store, so that I can just hit the "update all" link, rather than having to go through and select each individual update on other apps, in order to avoid updating Samsung's new UI update?

I've attached is a few screen shots for clarification and understanding.

Thanks,
— Matt

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190926-034334_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20190926-034334_Google Play Store.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20190926-034526_Samsung Experience Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20190926-034526_Samsung Experience Home.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 76
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, 8.0.0 Oreo.

The Google Play Store shows an "update" entitled, Samsung One UI Home." My current UI is called, "Samsung Experience Home." I understand that the update is the same UI with a different name. I've read the reviews that pertain to Galaxy S7, 8.0.0 Oreo for the new update, and they are all really bad, reporting several problems.

QUESTIONS
Is the update worth downloading?
2. If not, is there a way to remove it from "updates" on the Google Play Store, so that I can just hit the "update all" link, rather than having to go through and select each individual update on other apps, in order to avoid updating Samsung's new UI update?

I've attached is a few screen shots for clarification and understanding.

Thanks,
— Matt
It's an update to change the name of the app for One UI but everything else will remain the same

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones