• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using the DK39 magnetic charger with the sony case?

james_uk

Android Enthusiast
May 27, 2010
Ok really stupid question, i have my z2, i have the official sony case and also the official sony dk39 magnetic charger, the charger and case are both advertised as you can charge your tablet even with the case on.

i dont know if i am missing something, but i am finding it hard to work out how exactly i do this lol

i have tried with the removable part that comes with the charger both off and on, with it off the tablet and case just fall out, with the removable part attached the tablet and case are too thick to fit in?

I am having to practically make sure that the covers of the case are folded and hanging in a certain position so that i can just sit the tablet on the charger (as if the case wasn't on), so that only the tablet is sliding into the dock.

im not sure if this is how its supposed to be, but the way i read the advertisement for both, i got the impression that the tablet with the case closed would be able to slot into the charger and it would still charge through the case?

Or have i just been really stupid and i am trying to do something thats impossible, im just confused by all the reviews that say you can use this sony case with the charger?

Thanks

James

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones