• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vegan Hot Dogs

AugieTN

Extreme Android User
Dec 9, 2022
Illinois Home & Tennessee RV Home
I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but I'll try their food from time to time. I saw these Better Dogs and decided to try them. I've tried other vegan hot dogs in the past and none of them were very good. These Better Dogs are made in Spain and their main ingredient is peas. I cooked a couple of them in a pan and I was shocked that they tasted like a regular hot dog. I'm impressed

PXL_20240414_191051297~2.jpg

I've been vegetarian for a few years, but have eaten plant-based meat for decades (some versions only once, admittedly). So for me a "vegan hot dog" is something I would give a go just to see whether it was any good.

(Even before I was vegetarian I was wary of regular hot dogs just because of how hard it can be to know what goes into them - the BSE outbreak of the '80s certainly didn't make mechanically-recovered meat any more appealing).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones