• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Velocity 1.2.2 OPEN Beta

I hope it is just that I haven't tweaked much, but ever since I installed things on my ally have been super sllloow. Also the launcher crashes constantly. And the worst part is I can hardly use the phone properly (as in making calls). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Give Stormdroid 2.0 a Try! its super fast, i have 30+ apps installed and its super fast, i just swapped out the stock launcher with ADW. really smooth imo. :D

Upvote 0
I love how google maps thinks I'm in North Carolina when i lived 60 miles south of Erie, PA.

maps.png

Upvote 0
Looks nice!

Is there a way to format/dd/etc the phone and wipe it completely, then load the ROM onto a bare system? It seems like, even with a factory reset, things are hanging around after the ROM's installed.

EDIT: got it, re-wiped from inside recovery.

But, any way to kill the "ICS Launcher" menu in settings? It's still there after changing to Holo launcher, and even there after uninstalling ICS.

Upvote 0
Hi, I set my wifes phone up on this a while back and it's been working decent... until now...
1st time it gave something like sd error or format error,,, I tried an lot of different stuff but I finally had to recover the files on my laptop ,, format the card, install pictures, etc,,,and then everything worked fine for a month or two,,, ,,, then it happened again,,, pulled the card recovered everything again , format the card again installed some files,,, formatted again,,, installed files and pics again and tried to reinstall card,,,
the ally will not recognize it anymore,, Ive tried everything I can think of,,, reboots,,, programs like :: Multi Mount SD-Card,,, Remount,,, Rescan Media,,, tried to mount in recovery,,, even tried 3 different cards all known to work in and from other phones/tablets...
... it refused to see a micro sdhc of any kind...

any suggestions?

Would reinstalling Velocity help?

Upvote 0
Thanks Devs, wherever you are.

For those pulling from the dropbox link and wanting to flash from stock, the forums are very confusing and in many cases outdated. Here were my simple steps to success (google as needed):

1. Gingerbreak
2. Install Rom Manager from Play or apk
3. Install Clockworkmod through Rom Manager (there is an Ally option)
4. Go into recovery through Rom Manager, do a Nandroid backup
5. Do a three-way wipe
6. Flash this rom

Upvote 0
Thanks Devs, wherever you are.

For those pulling from the dropbox link and wanting to flash from stock, the forums are very confusing and in many cases outdated. Here were my simple steps to success (google as needed):

1. Gingerbreak
2. Install Rom Manager from Play or apk
3. Install Clockworkmod through Rom Manager (there is an Ally option)
4. Go into recovery through Rom Manager, do a Nandroid backup
5. Do a three-way wipe
6. Flash this rom

1. Don't ever use a one click method of rooting unless you have fastboot already enabled.
2. Never use Rom Manager on the Ally.
3. Never use Clockworkmod Recovery on the Ally. Use Amon RA instead.

Reactions: jaison80 and Biotic
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones