• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon REFUSES to give a refund on a $200 item

I have been a Verizon customer for over ten years. I moved to an area that there is no cable internet available so I am on satellite internet. I like to game online and satellite does not work for that. I had heard that cell-based internet may be faster in terms of server ping - mbps is not a concern - so I thought I would give it a try.
I ordered the LTE Internet and Home Phone device from Verizon. I had 14 days to try it out and still be able to return it. However, I was called out of town on business and was unable to do the testing I needed to do within the 14 days.
I called Verizon explained my situation and was told by an agent named Jesus that I could return it at a corporate store for a full refund even tho it was after the 14 days because the box was unopened. I went to a store, they said they could not take it back because they had no way to shut off the phone line associated with it.
I called Verizon back to have them help me return it for a refund, they refused. They say it's outside the 14 days, they CANNOT take it back. A $200 item, and they refuse to take it back. I talked to a very unhelpful brick wall of a supervisor named Zach, he refused and said they had no way to issue a refund on it. They sell a product, and then refuse to take it back. What store does that? Unopened, in perfect condition, and the refuse to give me a refund sticking me with a $200 item I cannot use.
If I do want to sell it like on Ebay, I cannot open it. Now I cannot even test it.
Verizon is horrible. I will be moving to a different cell phone carrier in short order.

I called Verizon explained my situation and was told by an agent named Jesus that I could return it at a corporate store for a full refund even tho it was after the 14 days because the box was unopened.

:thinking::thinking:

7-00-am-verizon-jesus-calling-answer-a-do-drugs-instead-2616956.png

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
Well.... I must update my own post....
I called Verizon back to have the line associated with the LTE Internet device shut off, and the agent I was working with named Desmond got in touch with a supervisor and they worked something out for me wherein I could test the device and if I did not want it return it to a corporate store for a refund minus a reasonable restocking fee.
I am ok with this and I will be staying with Verizon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones