• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verizon s6 latest firmware?

I've tried updating my Verizon s6 I thought it was updated to 7.0 but it won't. It'll go through the entire process but won't actually update keeps showing 6.0.1 and saying there's an update available.
so it will update and say update complete? no errors?

you can try manually:
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

make sure that you have the correct model for your phone. flashing the wrong firmware could screw up your phone. also you will need a computer to do this. instructions on how to do this will be on the site where you download the firmware.

Upvote 0
so it will update and say update complete? no errors?

you can try manually:
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

make sure that you have the correct model for your phone. flashing the wrong firmware could screw up your phone. also you will need a computer to do this. instructions on how to do this will be on the site where you download the firmware.
I wind up resetting the phone again and it updated to 7.0 but it keeps saying there's a new software update I keep clicking to install says it does but says there's a new software update every time after it restarts.

Upvote 0
how often are you re-starting the phone? i rarely turn my phone off. and it is probably something you are going to have to deal with. you can try and get the latest firmware from sammobile.
The phone keeps restarting itself after each supposed update. I've done at least 5 different supposed updates and it'll restart and say there's another update available seems to be in and endless loop of supposed updates.

Upvote 0
ah i see, yeah after looking more into it, it depends on the model version. i just checked, i quoted the international version on gsmarena. the US version says its upgradeable to up to android 7.

GSM arena hopped on the fake news by the Samsung customer service rep and never changed it after Sammobile said the customer service rep was wrong.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones