• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Very annoying problem with Realme 8

Alvon

Lurker
Oct 30, 2022
I have a very annoying problem with my device that appears about once a month and usually lasts about two days. It's hard to describe but it's like without my touching anything it goes to the top of the page in all the apps or automatically updates the feed or goes to another section of the app. I hope there is a solution because it is too annoying.
Btw i have put realme 7i as realme 8 is not listed in phone list.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2022-10-30 at 17.37.04.mp4
    2.5 MB · Views: 51
  • WhatsApp Video 2022-10-30 at 17.37.07.mp4
    987.5 KB · Views: 56
Once a month and for a couple of days or so? That is a weird situation. Have you tried just restarting your phone when that problem starts to happen?

Just hypothetically, it could be due to Android operating system on your Realme 8 might be 'waiting' to apply the monthly security patch update in the background. Typically the update file(s) gets downloaded in the background, and then during the actual upgrade process that requires the phone to reboot itself. But perhaps with your phone that automatic reboot is 'hung up' for some reason so you might need to just restart your phone yourself.

But that's just conjecture. How long has this problem been happening? Just recently or as long as you've had this phone?
https://www.gsmarena.com/realme_8-10810.php

Upvote 0
Once a month and for a couple of days or so? That is a weird situation. Have you tried just restarting your phone when that problem starts to happen?

Just hypothetically, it could be due to Android operating system on your Realme 8 might be 'waiting' to apply the monthly security patch update in the background. Typically the update file(s) gets downloaded in the background, and then during the actual upgrade process that requires the phone to reboot itself. But perhaps with your phone that automatic reboot is 'hung up' for some reason so you might need to just restart your phone yourself.

But that's just conjecture. How long has this problem been happening? Just recently or as long as you've had this phone?
https://www.gsmarena.com/realme_8-10810.php
Yes, I rebooted the phone several times. The problem happens since August and I have had this phone since December of last year.

Upvote 0
Is there an approximate day of each month when this problem occurs? Early in the month? Middle? Late? Or is it too random to pin down?
There's apparently something happening in the background on your phone that's triggering this odd behavior, and for only a limited time period. Finding what the actual cause that correlates with something like this might be a real challenge.

There's a 'Running services' option in your phone that will show you a more comprehensive listing of running apps and services than the Settings >> Battery menu. (The Battery menu will only show apps, there's a possibility that the problem could be an app but just as likely due to some background Android OS process or service.) But you do need to enable the Developers Options menu in order to access Running services. The Developers Options menu is a part of the installed Android OS on your phone, but it's typically hidden by default (use it judiciously and with intent, don't just randomly experiment with things as some of them can really mess up your phone).
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-view-all-running-services-on-android-11/
Anyway, take note of the what apps and services are typically running when your phone is working normally. Note that listing is going to vary constantly. When that weird behavior does occur, check Running Services again to see if anything stands out as odd.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones