• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Very urgent need a help

manac

Lurker
May 21, 2013
Hi all i just bought a phone and is sony xperia St21i2(dual) and i root it and unroot it but after unroot doing establish to factory reset but now i cant log in to google accountit say cant establish a reliable connection to the server. :(:(

If someone can help me pls

what does reflash stock mean sorry i dont know a lot about phones

I'm not sure how much your really want to know, but here goes.

Smartphones like your Xperia are pretty much mini computers with storage and memory and an operating system. In a PC or laptop the storage (where the operating system is stored) is a magnetic disk. In a smartphone it's solid state chips that can be written to or "flashed". When a phone comes out of the factory, it's memory and storage are empty and the Operating System must be flashed to the internal storage so when you turn the phone on it can load into memory and run. Sometimes this internal file system becomes corrupt and must be redone sort of like reinstalling windows if you get a virus or the files become damaged.

When you re-flash a phone you are taking an image of what the operating system is supposed to be and overwriting the files that are on the phone. Each phone manufacturer has a different way of doing that and some try to prevent an end user from doing it at all.

If you read the instructions in the link I provided you, you will see the files and steps necessary to do this. Once you have reflashed your phone with the stock rom (rom stands for "read only memory") your phone should be in the exact state it was when you took it out of the box.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones