• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wanted: S6102 Stripped Rom

macguru42

Lurker
Mar 6, 2012
I am looking for a ROM for my Galaxy Y Duos without all the bloat-ware.

Details:
Model Number: GT-S6102
Android version: 2.3.6
Baseband version: S6102XXKL8
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7 official.torino@androide#84
Build number: GINGERBREAD.XXKL8

The phone is currently rooted and I have SuperSU installed.

How concerned do I need to be with the "Baseband Version?"

I am using this phone in English in Brazil.

Thanks in advance.
Randall

Reactions: eakphol2526
I was very frustrated at my inability to load anything on my Galaxy Y Duos (GT-S6102) without getting Low Memory errors, so I looked through several forums and found GingerIceJelly. The reviews and posts seems positive and I downloaded it. I had previously rooted the phone with no problems, and have loaded Custom ROMS onto other phones in the past.

I followed all the instructions provided and the load was successful, but I am no longer connecting to any service on either SIM. The Baseband version did not change, and everything else runs fine.

I did not make a back up of the Stock ROM before I started (I know... bad).

I need to know if I can fix the connection issue, or if someone can point me to a copy of the stock ROM. The only thing I've been able to find was a link to Hotfile.com which is now closed due to piracy. The Stock Rom version is S6102XXKL8 (Romainian I think)

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Randall

Reactions: eakphol2526
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones