• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird/Ambiguous Warnings

I just received a new portfolio case for my Note 7... interesting advisories:

PortfolioWarning.jpg

Excessive exposure to flame may cause color change? WHO KNEW???

:p

Upvote 0
headgasket.jpg

A pet peeve for many years now. Not many motors are symmetrical enough to allow one to put head gaskets on upside down......But it can happen.

If you have it correct, you don't need the confirmation.
If you have it wrong, what would be truly helpful is a big, red, in your face, last chance "banner warning" on the bottom........"TRY AGAIN, DUMMY":D

Upvote 0
"Who is more foolish; The fool, or the fool who follows him"?;)

EDIT: Only after wrote above did I think......Hmmmmm.

"Hey basic, you "follow" a half dozen or so people on this forum.......But you've never even bothered to look and see if anyone is following you. (Index finger raised)....To the Bats***t- crazy cave / profile page: Clues to the above question will surely be found there, Alfred!!!!!":p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Figured the vertical carets indeed referred reader to the message directly above; And then context of the discussion leads the reader to related messages in close proximity. Potato, Potatoe.;)
Seriously, though...Are there commonly accepted, standard usages for ^^^^^ and similar shorthand? I'm listening, happy to learn.
And wouldn't divert a thread in such manner if it were anyone but OP, sorry all.

But the real elephant in the room.......I looked into that quote; I surely did. And finally figured out where I had heard it. And now realize just how badly I have stepped...........in............. it.:eek:

There are three or four areas I promised myself I would never have anything to say about online.
And one by one, moment of weakness after moment of weakness, I caved.

But one topic in particular........ you just don't touch, under any circumstances.
You just don't go there, in an online chat environment; Nothing good can come of it, and the poor MODS didn't sign up for combat duty.;) :p
I should never on an online forum open my yap and tell you how I truly feel about that silly mov........
::chickenrunningawayemoji::;)
chicken.jpg

BOCK bock cluck bgawk cluwwck caaaawk bgaaawk.
oh_no.jpg
:p

Last edited:
Reactions: Dngrsone
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones