• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird download

Hi Capt and welcome to Android Forums!

The only thing I can think of is maybe there is some malware on your phone that is trying to install other apps. I would run a full scan with AVG anti-virus. If that app is not on Play, then that's cause for concern and a factory reset to get id of any nefarious software that might be on your phone.

It also might not actually be a download, but rather a push notification advertising it and offering to take you to the download page. Unwanted push notifications are an unpleasant reality.

Maybe someone else has another solution, but that's what I have for you :eek:

It's great to have you here!

Reactions: captainp85
Upvote 0
Hi Capt and welcome to Android Forums!

The only thing I can think of is maybe there is some malware on your phone that is trying to install other apps. I would run a full scan with AVG anti-virus. If that app is not on Play, then that's cause for concern and a factory reset to get id of any nefarious software that might be on your phone.

It also might not actually be a download, but rather a push notification advertising it and offering to take you to the download page. Unwanted push notifications are an unpleasant reality.

Maybe someone else has another solution, but that's what I have for you :eek:

It's great to have you here!

I don't think it is malware because I haven't had any problems since, but thanks anyways!

I think you've unintentionally touched a download link on the web site.
Now it's just an .apk file of this game in your folder Download ... and not installed it'd do no harm.

But if you don't find this .apk file in your folder Download you'd follow the Chief's advice :)

Harry

Ya, I believe it was an unintentional link because there is no .apk file. Thanks!

Reactions: Harry2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones