• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Welcome to the New Android Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the disappearance of the 'Guest Questions Team' forum and the 'Contributor' designator temporary or permanent?

I can't honestly say I'm bothered either way.
I think there have been bigger changes than that. Seen anyone wearing a guide badge lately?
At this point it seems both of those groups have been dissolved.

Upvote 0
I think there have been bigger changes than that. Seen anyone wearing a guide badge lately?

With all the crap that has been going on I haven't been as regular a visitor as usual but I did notice the other day that one Guide had become a Moderator.

Perhaps a short heads-up about it wouldn't have gone amiss - one post amongst the hundreds over the last few weeks regarding all the various problems.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Looks like my status is restored, all is right with the world. Thanks. :)
Ah, so the trick is to ask ;)

I was in a similar situation, but as it was a gratuity from the forum I don't feel I've a right to it - it's certainly more important to sort out those who actually paid!

Upvote 0
Ah, so the trick is to ask ;)

I was in a similar situation, but as it was a gratuity from the forum I don't feel I've a right to it - it's certainly more important to sort out those who actually paid!

I don't disagree, and I wasn't really just holding my hand out as much as reporting another possible glitch in the machine. I already had the status, which was awarded for a reason (one that I tried to fulfill as requested), so only trying to get things closer to the way they were before the big change/upheaval/whatever you wish to call it.
I fully realize that such titles are given at the discretion of the powers that be around here and are subject to scrutiny and revocation at any time.
And all that said, you certainly deserve it as much as anyone.

Reactions: andMego and Hadron
Upvote 0
OK, the dropdowns on the home page (favorites, recent, all, trending etc) now remember settings for a month or so - AND pagination is at the bottom of the home page threads :D
The next button only seems to work when clicking the first time, it doesn't seem to work after that

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, having the longer history is a great improvement in usability :)

Coming back to gold badges, Bg260 is currently mainly offline for reasons explained in his thread in the VIP forum. It would be nice to reinstate his one before he next logs on (Sundays at the mo, if I recall correctly).

Upvote 0
Yes, having the longer history is a great improvement in usability :)

Coming back to gold badges, Bg260 is currently mainly offline for reasons explained in his thread in the VIP forum. It would be nice to reinstate his one before he next logs on (Sundays at the mo, if I recall correctly).

Agreed, we didn't hear from him this past Sunday but hopefully that's just a glitch related to his limited access.

Upvote 0
The next button only seems to work when clicking the first time, it doesn't seem to work after that
The problem is visible in the page counter: when you click "next" once you move on to page 2, but the counter at the bottom still says you are on page 1. So my guess is that your current location in the list isn't updated, and hence whenever you click "next" it thinks you are on page 1 and so loads page 2.

It's the same if you manually select a later page in the history: it loads the page, but the counter still shows you being on page 1, so clicking "next" takes you to page 2 no matter what page you are on.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones