• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Well thats emberassing

Jooosh

Lurker
Jan 21, 2014
So, despite being in IT and knowing all the risks, I decided to fumble around rooting, and not make a back up, because I was way too overconfident. I have paid the price for my hubris when updating the firmware and now my lovely phone is stuck in a boot cycle.

I gather that I can reverse this, but I need a stock rom or image of some sort. If someone would be so kind as to message me or post such a file, I would be more than grateful.

Much thanks,
Josh

So, despite being in IT and knowing all the risks, I decided to fumble around rooting, and not make a back up, because I was way too overconfident. I have paid the price for my hubris when updating the firmware and now my lovely phone is stuck in a boot cycle.

I gather that I can reverse this, but I need a stock rom or image of some sort. If someone would be so kind as to message me or post such a file, I would be more than grateful.

Much thanks,
Josh

not sure if you still need those files but if so send me a pm and i'll give you a link to my dropbox. i have the boot.img, system.img and recovery.img files for the kyocera torque

Reactions: advocatewarhead
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones