• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What app is this from???

Who thinks this could be a dating app??

• Yes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Harmon0852

Lurker
Aug 11, 2021
Please help me identify what app this is... I received it from a screenshot and I want to know. Its from my bf phone and I have rolled the notifications down and there is nothing showing pertaining to that. So notifications must be turned off for the app.... looks like a female sex symbol PLEASE HELP. Its very important to.me....

Attachments

• 20210816_174231.jpg
    20210816_174231.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 255
Looks more like a golf ball on a tee to me as it doesn't appear the bottom part is connected to the circle. Anyway, unless it is a hugely popular app, or you get lucky and someone else is familiar with a less popular app it is near impossible to determine the app from the notification icon. You are probably better off just asking him. :)

Upvote 0
Yep - there's no connection between the ball and the tee, like there would in the female symbol. Just remark something like "wow, is that a golf ball? I've never seen an icon like that" and find out without launching in on accusations that may not prove accurate.

As a married man of nearly 31 years, I can say that trust is a major issue that goes both ways in a relationship. That's where communication is vital. Is she makes a mistake, I say "sorry Honey, I was wrong" and if I make a mistake, she uses a cast iron skillet to the back of my head...

:D

Upvote 0
Please help me identify what app this is... I received it from a screenshot and I want to know. Its from my bf phone and I have rolled the notifications down and there is nothing showing pertaining to that. So notifications must be turned off for the app.... looks like a female sex symbol PLEASE HELP. Its very important to.me....
did u get the answer? i found this in my bf phone too, very curious what symbol is this, is it really apps dating notifications?

Upvote 0
did u get the answer? i found this in my bf phone too, very curious what symbol is this, is it really apps dating notifications?
welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we get this question almost every day. the problem is that there are millions of apps that are out there each with their own notification icon. so unless it is something popular like youtube or facebook, you will only get guesses from us......as you can see from the other posts responding to the op.

the only true way to know is to look at the phone, but since this is not yours, you can either look or ask.

and i doubt that something that looks like a golf ball on a tee is a dating app.

Upvote 0
welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we get this question almost every day. the problem is that there are millions of apps that are out there each with their own notification icon. so unless it is something popular like youtube or facebook, you will only get guesses from us......as you can see from the other posts responding to the op.

the only true way to know is to look at the phone, but since this is not yours, you can either look or ask.

and i doubt that something that looks like a golf ball on a tee is a dating app.
No, i wont ask him. he will mad at me and said im too overthinking

Upvote 0
No, i wont ask him. he will mad at me and said im too overthinking
well trust is the backbone of any relationship, but i am not the one to give relationship advice. again we can only guess what it is. there are just to many apps and icons that this image could be. and don't expect the op to answer. he was last seen on Aug 17 2021

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
no, he is not interested in golf

Well quite frankly the OP's icon in question is more like this...i.e. a dimpled golf ball on a tee.

golf.jpg

...rather than this...i.e. the symbol for Venus.

Venus_symbol.svg.jpg

As for what app it's for, no ideas, except it's far more likely to be sports related than dating.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well trust is the backbone of any relationship, but i am not the one to give relationship advice. again we can only guess what it is. there are just to many apps and icons that this image could be. and don't expect the op to answer. he was last seen on Aug 17 2021
i cant trust him, because he used to cheat on me, chat with girls in apps dating everytime after we had a fight/argue

Upvote 0
So what can we say?

1) It doesn't look like any sort of "female" symbol or anything that obviously says "dating app" to anyone else.
2) There are literally millions of apps, so apart from well-known ones the odds of anyone recognising a random app notification icon are not good.
3) If you can't trust him then that, not the notification, is the real problem.

Upvote 0
i cant trust him, because he used to cheat on me, chat with girls in apps dating everytime after we had a fight/argue
The fact that your even still in a relationship with him with this level of distrust is the biggest problem here. Either he is cheating which should be a deal breaker for you or your just this paranoid which should be a deal breaker for him. Either way your headed for dark days staying together.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones