• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What does 'Automatically turn pages' mean in Play Books?Books setting?

HarryC

Sep 25, 2013
In the settings area under 'Reading' there's a tickable option for 'Automatically turn pages - For Read and Listen eBooks'.

It was already ticked, but I don't know what it does.

It makes no difference to reading my ebooks if I have it ticked or not.

Am I missing something?

In the settings area under 'Reading' there's a tickable option for 'Automatically turn pages - For Read and Listen eBooks'.

Am I missing something?
Hmmm... I do not have that setting at all, that is a strange thing.

Upvote 0

Am I missing something?
there are books called "read and listen". they are mostly children books. it reads the book out loud. when it comes to the end of the page the ebook will turn the page for you and begin reading out loud the next page. if you toggle it off, the book will not read the next page, until it is turned manually.

normal ebooks will not do this. it has to be the "read and listen" books.

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryC
Upvote 0

Am I missing something?

When the checkbox is checked, when reading a book, the pages will automatically turn, without your intervention. This can be convenient if you prefer uninterrupted reading without constantly turning pages manually. When they sent me economics assignments, I used https://essays.edubirdie.com/economics-assignments for this, then I turned on this particular mode. If you don't care whether a checkbox is checked or not, you may not have paid attention to this feature. But I advise you to try it. Now I can’t live without this function.
This is intended for ease of reading and listening to e-books. :unsure:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones