• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What modern game is similar to Baldur's Gate / NeverWinter Nights? :)

M

Member243850

Hey guys!!! :D

I really missed playing some games I absolutely used to love from yesteryear but I was taking a look around on steam and saw some AWESOME games! :D

Now I want something that is special and unique like Baldur's Gate with an amazing and unique / captivating story line :)

I can never get enough of that game but it would be absolutely awesome if I could get something with much higher end graphics (and preferably no ****ing horrible crippling bugs!) that captures the same special atmosphere I once got out of Baldur's Gate long ago :D

Any suggestions? xD

I have been out of the gaming scene for freaking years now from working so ****ing hard lol so I don't really know what's actually out there any more :D

Also what about maybe getting a Ps4 or an Xbox One what do you guys think which is better is it worth getting them? :D

Thank you for your time and very much needed input!

I really do appreciate it! :)

I have had a look at a few very interesting games so just wondering what amazing RPG's are out there now :D:D:D

Lol I need to stop working so ****ing hard and ENJOY this life too!!! :D

Reactions: Xyro
I'd recommend looking up: Pillars of Eternity, Divinity Original Sin 1/2 and Tourment: Tides of Numinera. All of them are modern games that inherit a lot from the classic games you mentioned. Pillars is the most similar of the three, whereas Divinity has a substantially different combat system (which I prefer) and is much more comical. I haven't played Numinera, but I believe it has a much more SciFi theme. Apparently it involves quite a lot of reading, which may or may not be what you're looking for.

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
I'd recommend looking up: Pillars of Eternity, Divinity Original Sin 1/2 and Tourment: Tides of Numinera. All of them are modern games that inherit a lot from the classic games you mentioned. Pillars is the most similar of the three, whereas Divinity has a substantially different combat system (which I prefer) and is much more comical. I haven't played Numinera, but I believe it has a much more SciFi theme. Apparently it involves quite a lot of reading, which may or may not be what you're looking for.

THANK YOU!!!! :D

I love you Xyro buddy!! :D

This is JUST what I was looking for!!!

These games are the best I will definitely check them out thank you once again! :D

Reactions: Xyro
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones